Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative offers educational scholarships to high school seniors each year.
Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative College Scholarships
Is a young person you know graduating high school and attending a college, university, or trade school in the fall? You are in luck!
Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative offers six $1,000 scholarships through a program designed to enhance the future of deserving rural students.
All interested students are encouraged to apply.
One-time scholarships in an amount to be determined on an annual basis by Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative’s Board of Directors will be awarded under the following guidelines:
1. Applicant must be a graduating high school senior or homeschool student and be a dependent of an active member receiving electric service from CCEC.
2. Applicant must be applying to attend full-time (12-hour minimum) at an accredited vocational school, technical school, college, or university.
3. Applicant must have achieved a 3.0 or higher GPA.
4. Applicant must be of good character as evidenced by two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a teacher, principal, or counselor at the education institution currently attending. The second letter of recommendation must be from a community member, employer, volunteer organization, etc. Letters from relatives will not be accepted.
5. Applicant must have successfully held at least a part-time job, internship, or volunteer position within the past two years.
6. Applicant must demonstrate a coherent degree plan and willingness to pursue a course of higher learning.
7. Applicant must provide a 3- to 5-minute video presentation or a 750-word written essay on the selected topic for that year.
8. History of community involvement and potential for success of the applicant will be considered.
9. Applications are due no later than 5 p.m. March 17, for a fall-semester scholarship.
10. Awards will be announced on CCEC’s website in May.
11. Recipient must notify CCEC upon receipt of acceptance letter to an accredited institution if the recipient does not notify CCEC by September 30, scholarship monies will be forfeited.
Scholarships of $1,000 or less will be paid in full upon verification of enrollment and sent directly to the educational institution registrar’s office.
12. In the case of the recipient not attending the specified educational institution, failure to complete the semester or withdrawal from the institution; the full scholarship amount will be due for repayment by the recipient to CCEC within 30 days.
13. This is a one-time scholarship.
Essay Questions: How will bringing new fiber technologies to rural areas served by cooperatives close the digital divide?
Note: Online Application will NOT save unfinished progress. CCEC recommends saving responses in a separate document to ensure applicants do not lose information.