Petitions are available on March 13 for Coos-Curry’s Board of Directors in Districts 1 & 2 At Large and District 4. Petitions must be signed by no fewer than 15 members and must be received at our Port Orford office by 5:30 p.m. on April 17.
The two positions will be elected to serve three-year terms at this year’s annual meeting on Thursday, June 22.
See a map of the director’s districts at www.ccec.coop/service-area. Below are a few details about director's requirements. You can find more in our bylaws at www.ccec.coop/articles-incorporation-and-bylaws.
- Be a connected consumer of electric energy of the cooperative, shall receive electric energy from the cooperative at their principal places of residence, and at the time of nomination have been a member and resided in the district from which they are nominated for a period of not less than one year.
- Not be an officer, employee, or financially interested in any competing enterprise or utility engaged in the transmission, distribution or sale of energy in the state of Oregon, or any enterprise or agency selling electrical energy to the cooperative, nor have any other interests adverse to those of the cooperative, but nothing herein shall be construed to apply to contracts let to the lowest bidder after a public bidding, nor to isolated transactions in the ordinary course of business, or transactions specifically approved by the board of directors.
- Not be an employee of the cooperative and shall not have been an employee of the cooperative for the previous three years. Contact email@example.com for more information about the election.
Areas Up for Election
- District 1 & 2 At-Large—Brookings and Harbor areas
- District 4—Port Orford and Langlois areas
Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative’s Annual Meeting is Thursday, June 22. Stay tuned for more details.